Annual Project (2007)
2007 project plan for the APEC SME Innovation Center
■ Development of Human Capital for SME Innovation Policies
- The project has been programmed for the needs of the demand side of the government and public agencies responsible for SME innovation policies and it is partially funded by the project "APEC SME 01/2007A".
- The project will be implemented in the sequence of designing the training program, developing training materials, and holding a training workshop in November, 2007.
- The workshop participants are open to developing member economies in APEC
■ Training Workshop of Management Innovation for SMEs.
- The project has been prepared to provide training and educational programs where participants can learn and discuss on the innovation-based management and case studies.
- The target member economies are Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam; and the target trainees are SME executives, government officials in charge of SME innovation policy, and managers of supporting organizations.
- The training workshop will be held in June, 2007 under the sponsorship of KOICA (Korea International Cooperation Agency).
■ Strategy Study on the Commercialization of Innovated Technologies
- The study project has been made to develop commercialization processes and to bring forth promotion policies for SME innovation. The processes will be defined by tasks containing goals, descriptions, checking items, and related information.
- The promotion policies may include support programs, support structure, training and education, and others.
- The project will be implemented targeting domestic SMEs in Korea for requirement analysis in the areas of technologies, financing, marketing and human resources.
■ 2007 International Conference on SME Innovation
- The conference is held to present promotion policies on SME Innovation among participants from APEC member economies.
- The topics include not only policies and practices of APEC member economies, but also trends of SME innovation in Europe and OECD.
- The conference will be held in November, 2007 in Seoul.
■ Newsletter issuance and website building
- The newsletter called 'APEC SME Innovation Briefing' is issued semi-annually in web-mail.
- The website is maintained as a portal site for activities of the APEC SME Innovation Center.
Task Major Activities Timetable Development of Human Capital
for SME Innovation Policies
Stage 1: Course design
Stage 2: Material development
Stage 3: Training workshop
Feb ~ May
Jun ~ Oct
Jul ~ Dec
Training Workshop of
Management Innovation for
Stage 1: Course Design & Selecting Lectures
Stage 2: Material Development & Inviting Trainees
Stage 3: Training workshop
Feb ~ Mar
Mar ~ Jun
Jun ~ Jul
Strategy Study on the
of Innovated Technologies
Stage 1: To establish a plan for a research contract
Stage 2: To select researchers and launch a research contract
Stage 3: To present and publish a research contract
Mar ~ Oct
Aug ~ Oct
International Conference on
Stage 1: Program Development & Establishing detailed plans
Stage 2: To search for speakers & guests
Stage 3: Participant registration & to produce training materials
Stage 4: To hold international conference and to conduct evaluation
May ~ Jul
Sep ~ Oct
News Letter issuance PEC SME Innovation Briefing (twice a year) Jul, Dec