Annual Project (2005)
Based on the understanding that the common prosperity of APEC member economies depends on the growth of their SMEs, the Korea Information Management Institute for SMEs (KIMI) plans to host the 2005 APEC Informatization Forum for SMEs aimed at developing cooperative strategies to strengthen SME competitiveness and bridge the digital divide through informatization.
- KIMI aims to set the agenda and implement the research project in preparation for the 2005 APEC Informatization Forum for SMEs.
- KIMI plans to devise recommendations to be submitted to the 2005 APEC SME Ministerial Meeting(including the SME WG meeting and the MESG meeting).
- KIMI intends to enhance Korea's role and status in the APEC region as an IT powerhouse.
■ Forum program & content
- The 2005 APEC Informatization Forum for SMEs is comprised of three sessions: the opening session, the plenary session and the meeting session.
- The opening session: the opening statement, the welcome address and the key note speech will be delivered by experts on SME informatization.
- The plenary session: Experts will make presentations on
- 1) Informatization promotion strategies for SME management innovation in APEC in the digital economy;
- 2) Promotion strategies and current trends of SME informatization in the EU; and
- 3) Effective education and training policies for the informatization of SMEs
- The meeting session: Policy recommendations on promoting SME informatization to be submitted to the 2005 APEC SME Ministerial Meeting will be discussed among representatives of APEC member economies.
■ Forum overview
- Title: The 2005 APEC Informatization Forum for SMEs
- Host: The Korea Information Management Institute for SMEs(KIMI)
- Date: Aug. 27, 2005(Sat.)
- Venue: Camelia Hall, Hotel Inter-Burgo, Daegu, Korea
- Size: About 60 participants
- Attendees: Policy-makers for SME informatization of member economies, SME leaders, representative of IT companies and academics
■ Forum expectations
- Cooperative projects to close the digital divide for SMEs in the APEC region will be discussed.
- Forum sessions will be devoted to discussing policy issues & recommendations on SME informatization to be submitted to the APEC Summit and the APEC SME Ministerial Meeting.
- Participants will present and discuss policy issues on the successful informatization of SMEs in APEC to make relevant recommendations.
■ Project timetable
- Setting up detailed project plans & getting approval: Feb., 2005
- Participating in the SME WG meeting: Mar., 2005(Taiwan)
- Research implementation: Mar.July, 2005
- Attending the APEC BMC meeting: July, 2005
- Hosting the 2005 APEC Informatization Forum for SMEs : Aug., 2005
- Reporting on project outcomes & Taking follow-up measures: Oct., 2005